Design an elegant ribbon pendant using a strand of 3/8″ satin ribbon and silver Bowdabra Bow Wire. Follow our simple tutorial instructions below to create this ribbon pendant. Bowdabra Bow Wire is malleable and easy to work with and adds a beautiful sparkling rich look.
1. Begin with 14″ of 3/8″ satin ribbon and 18″ of silver Bowdabra Bow Wire.
2. Fold the Bowdabra Bow Wire in half to make a loop.
3. Fold the 3/8″ satin ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark place the ribbon at the back of the Bowdabra Bow Wire loop. Fold the ribbon over each other.
4. Take the Bowdabra Bow Wire ends and thread them through the Bowdabra Bow Wire loop and ribbon loop.
5. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tails and the ribbon left to right – pull tight.
6. Fold the ribbon across the Bowdabra Bow Wire (looks like little arms).
7. Thread each Bowdabra Bow Wire end through each loop (looks like little legs).
8. Pull Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly and ribbon tightly left to right.
9. Make the ribbon “arms”.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire “legs” through each loop.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly and ribbon.
12. Make several ribbon loops.
13. Tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire around the ribbon tails. Hold the wire in place with hot glue. Cut the ribbon and dovetail the ends. Seal the ends with a lighter.
14. Thread a bead onto the loop. Hold it in place with a small dab of glue.
15. Your pendant is complete.
For more about your designer click here…