Do you have a guest book in your home for family and friends to sign when they come visit? If not, it is a fun tradition to start. This type of book makes a great gift for a wedding or as a housewarming gift. Did you see the easy to make wreath that you can create as a housewarming gift?
Over the years, I have signed quite a few books and love the sentimental tradition. The coolest one that I signed was from a cabin Bed & Breakfast where my husband and I stayed on an anniversary weekend. They had a book in each cabin and it was available for you to read. I loved reading about why people had stayed there and where they were from.
There are so many ways to make one. All you need is a journal or a scrapbook for your guest to sign. If you want to make it extra special add fun embellishments inside and outside of the book. This is another one of those really quick project. In under 10 minutes you can have a gift to take to your next housewarming party!
Here is one example.
1. Gather your book and embellishments. Hot glue to the book.
2. Take the 15″ ribbon and wrap it around the inside cover of the book.
3. Use a hot glue gun and glue the two ends together on the front.
4. Use the Mini Bowdabra to make a small bow for the front of the book. Cut a 12” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
5. Take the 3″ piece of ribbon and dove tail the ends of ribbon by folding your ribbon in half and cutting at a 45 degree angle. Find the center and add to the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Take the 7″ piece of ribbon and fold in 3′s.
7. Find center and add into the Mini Bowdabra. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Lift off, flip it and knot it on the back of the ribbon. Trim the extra wire.
8. Flip the bow upside down and with a hot glue gun, glue to the back of the bow.
10. Flip bow right side up and hot glue it to the front of the book.