Using the Bowdabra you can create large gorgeous tissue paper flowers. The tissue paper flowers will make a wonderful housewarming gift. Tissue paper flowers are inexpensive gifts that are perfect for so many different occasions. Use vibrant colored tissue paper and attach the handmade flowers to faux floral stems. Make several tissue paper flowers to create a floral arrangement or design one tissue paper flower and place it in a large flute vase for a bold and dramatic look.
1. Begin by placing the Bowdabra Wand into the towers of my Bowdabra to widen the opening. The wand opens the towers and keeps the tissue paper from tearing. Next, fold a 24″ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place into the Bowdabra.
2. Next, take four standard sized tissue papers all the same color. Folded them in half lengthwise and then width-wise several times. Scalloped edges to the tissue paper.
3. Open the tissue paper up and cut in half, you will now have 8 layers of tissue paper. Helpful Hint: Use really sharp scissors to get through all the layers of tissue paper.
4. Now, slowly start to feed the tissue paper into the opening of your Bowdabra.
5. Begin to fold the paper in an accordion shape down into the Bowdabra. Place all the tissue paper into the Bowdabra.
6. Once the tissue paper is completely in the Bowdabra, thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop that you made when you folded it in half. Pull the wire tightly. Take the tissue paper out of the Bowdabra and tie it in the center.
7. Next, using sharp scissors cut along the folds that were formed when you placed the tissue paper into the Bowdabra.
8. Turn the paper over and cut the folds on the other side.
9. Slowly, begin to separate the pieces of tissue paper move some to the left and others to the right.
10. Attach the tissue paper to a floral stem either by tying it onto Bowdabra Bow Wire or by gluing it onto the stem.
11. Place the flower into a long fluted vase. Make one or several to give as a housewarming gift.
For more about the designer click here…..