Paper drinking straws when cut can make very pretty beads. I found Halloween paper drinking straws at my local craft store. The paper straws were very durable they did not unravel at all. I cut the straws into 3/4″ beads and then used Ribbon-to-Bead to design simple kids Halloween ribbon necklaces. Morex Ribbon-to-Bead comes with a wire needle attached to make beading a cinch!
1. Begin with Halloween paper drinking straws.
2. Cut the paper drinking straws to form beads. I cut the beads to be 3/4″ long.
3. Use the Ribbon-to-Bead to thread paper beads onto the ribbon.
4. Unroll the Ribbon-to-Bead from the spool. Use the wire needle to thread the paper beads onto the ribbon. Knot the ribbon to keep the beads in place.
5. Once your pattern is complete knot the end and trim away excess ribbon.
6. To make the necklace charms glue a small piece of the Ribbon-to-Bead on the back of the embellishment.
7. Fold the ribbon to the back of the charm to form a loop and hot glue it in place.
8. Follow the instructions to make several necklaces.
9. These Halloween ribbon necklaces are inexpensive to make and you can make several different ones. Best of all kids can even help!
10. Give these Halloween ribbon necklaces with drinking straw beads as party favors or for Trick-or-Treating.