October is National Apple Month so be sure to make this quick and easy clip for your daughter, niece or granddaughter. She will be proud to wear an Apple in her hair that month. These apple clips are also a perfect addition to back to school outfits.
1. Gather all of the materials to begin making your apple clip. Plug in your glue gun and turn the oven on to 275 degrees (F).
2. Glue a piece of brown grosgrain ribbon along an alligator clip.
3. Cut a circle out of black felt and glue in the middle of the clip.
4. Cut a small piece of brown grosgrain ribbon and glue one side under the black felt circle. Pinch the clip so it opens and glue the other side of the ribbon to the inside of the clip.
5. Next, make a small loop out of white grosgrain ribbon. Glue ends together. Then make a bigger loop to go around the small loop. Glue ends together and glue to the small loop. Next, make a larger loop out of red grosgrain ribbon. Glue ends together and glue to the medium sized white loop. Repeat to make a mirror image for the other side of the apple.
6. Glue loops onto the black felt circle.
7. Wrap green grosgrain ribbon around a wooden dowel. I suggest making a few so you could make a hair bow or use at a later time. Secure the ribbon with wooden clothes pins. Lay the ribbon wrapped dowels on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake ribbon for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. When ribbon has cooled, remove the clothes pins and gently remove ribbon from dowels. Cut the ribbon into pieces 1-2” long, depending on how long you want your stem to be.
8. Glue stem to the top of the apple. Repeat steps 2-7 for a second apple clip.
9. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Place a piece of sheer green ribbon onto the Mini Bowdabra with the tail on the left at the 2” mark.
11. Make two loops on each side.
12. Place a piece of red wire ribbon and make a loop on each side. Scrunch down with the wand.
13. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends through. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. Cut the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
14. Place the clips in a bag. Tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire around the bag. Bring the wire to the front and curl each piece with your finger. If you do a ”œBack to School” breakfast for your family, lay your gift on your daughter’s plate and wait for her to be surprised.
Click for more information about the designer of this tutorial…..