What is the one thing that is plentiful in my yard right now? Little twigs and sticks are everywhere! I am a gal that is all about using my resources, especially when they are free! I collected twigs and sticks that were thin and similar in color. I used the twigs to create a handmade flower vase complete with a Bowdabra bow.
1. Begin by collecting your materials. You will need some thin width twigs and sticks along with a square container that is able to hold water. I used a metal container that held loose tea.
2. Next, using gardening sheers cut sticks to fit along the front of the recycled square container.
3. Hot glue the sticks onto the recycled container.
4. Continue to hot glue sticks all around the container. Layer some sticks on top of each other to completely hide the metal container.
5. Once the twigs and sticks are set spray the vase with a clear varnish and sealer. Let dry according to manufactures directions.
6. Once the vase is dry tie a piece of ribbon around the vase, dovetail the ends.
7. To make the bow for the vase cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold the wire in half and lay it into the Bowdabra.
8. Place the end of large width wire ribbon into the Bowdabra.
9. Fold and twist the ribbon to form your first loop.
10. Create a matching loop on the other side. Make two more identical loops slightly smaller than the bottom ones.
11. Next, place the end of smaller width wire ribbon into the Bowdabra. Fold and press loops into place. Make each set of loops smaller than the last. Create a final loop for the center of the bow. Cut away excess ribbon.
12. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Wand.
13. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
14. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
15. Fluff and shape the wire ribbon bow.
16. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to attach the bow to the handmade flower vase. Spiral the remaining wire with a pencil for fun ringlets.
17. Cut fall flowers so they are not too high and place them in the square handmade twigs and sticks vase.