Celebrate Halloween with this candy corn ribbon themed over the top boutique bow with ruffled ribbon rosettes. Create the bow in several steps and then attach all the bow pieces onto an oval plastic barrette cover. Little girls will have be so pleased to wear this hair bow leading up to Halloween and even in the fall.
1. Begin with 20″ of yellow, orange, white ruffled ribbon.
2. To create the rosettes: (1.) Fold the ribbon in half to create a tail. (2.) Fold the ribbon down for a point. (3.) At the point begin to fold and twist the ribbon – keep the ribbon folded. (4.) Continue fold the rosette. Keep the ribbon held tightly at the bottom. (5.) When you reach the end of the ribbon hot glue it to the underneath of the rosette. (6.) Trim away the tail, leaving a small piece to hot glue to the bottom of the flower.
3. Create a yellow and white ruffled ribbon rosette, as well.
4. Cut black sparkle tulle to cover the white oval plastic barrette cover. Hot glue the tulle onto the barrette cover.
5. To create the boutique bows: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Follow the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD (comes with Hair Bow Tool & Ruler) for making a 4″ wide Boutique Bow with tails.
7. Cut 7/8″ orange grosgrain 6″ long with dovetails. Place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Cut strips of black sparkle tulle and place them into the Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Follow the instructions on the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD (comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler) for making a 3″ wide Boutique Bow.