These owl treat bags are a hoot to make! Kids will have so much fun helping to assemble these little paper owls. Attach the paper owls to little gift bags, for guests this Thanksgiving. Fill paper bags with little chocolate treats and cookies. Have guests spending the night? Fill the bag with toiletry items, such as, their favorite soaps and shampoos.
* Teens can make this craft without help while younger children will need help with the cutting.
1. Begin by gathering all the items that you will need to make this craft.
2. Using your die cuts: cut 2 circles, one frame, and one heart. If you don’t have die cuts you can use stencils or even draw free hand the shapes.
3. Score the large frame in the middle and fold it down. This is the owl’s head.
4. To make the owl’s beak score the heart for the beak shape and cut a little tab to tape the beak to the head. Add double-sided tape to the tab.
5. Attach adhesive foam blocks to add dimension to the beak.
6. Use stamps or markers to add color around the owl’s head, attach the beak to the owl’s head.
7. Glue circle cardstock onto the head of the owl.
8. Glue googly eyes onto the owl.
9. Glue the owl head onto a treat bag to give to guests this Thanksgiving.