Gift bags are easy and simple when it comes to gift wrapping. Make your own handmade Christmas gift bags this holiday season. Use giant size brown paper lunch bags to make these fun gift bags. Customize your handmade gift bags using cardstock, paper punches, ribbon, and Bowdabra bows.
1. Begin by using paper punches to design the front of the gift bag.
2. Using a glue stick place the cardstock onto the bottom front of the paper lunch bag.
3. Cut 22″ of 1.5″ wide grosgrain ribbon, dovetail the ends. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease, at the crease mark hot glue it to the center of the lunch bag.
4. Fold the top of the bag over several times.
5. Once you have folded the top several times tie the ribbon in place.
6. To make the bow for the handmade gift bag: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half, and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Cut another 22″ of 1.5″ wide grosgrain ribbon, dovetail the ends. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease, at the crease mark place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold and press the ribbon at the 2″ mark to create your first loop.
9. Fold the ribbon at the 2″ mark on the other side.
10. Fold the ribbon down again at the 2″ mark on bow sides.
11. Cut 22″ of 6″ wide tulle ribbon, fold the tulle in half. Slowly feed the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra in an accordion fashion.
12. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
14. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
15. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
16. Fluff the bow.
17. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow onto the tie ribbon on the gift bag. Spiral the remaining wire for fun ringlets.
18. Follow the instructions to make several gift bags.
19. Make these handmade Christmas gift bags to use for teacher’s gifts, baked goods, family and friends’ presents. Use cardstock and paper punches to customize your gift bags.
Click here for more about the designer…..