I love decorating for Christmas! I probably have a dozen containers in my basement of Christmas decorations. So, I was excited to create a fun and easy dÃ©cor item to display in my home. Use a simple white holiday plate and some pretty polka dotted ribbon to create Christmas dÃ©cor.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for the plate. I never knew what to do with this plate till I received some fun polka dotted ribbon.
2. Thread the ribbon through the holes on the plate. You will have two ends to hang the plate later. Leave about 6-7 inches of each end of the ribbon. Cut and set aside.
3. Next, cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
4. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon pieces. I used a piece of green and red sheer ribbon to create the look I imagined.
5. Place the two pieces of sheer ribbon onto the Bowdabra with the tail on the left.
6. Make two loops on each side.
7. Scrunch down the ribbon by using the Bowdabra wand. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the ribbon tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
8. Tie the bow to the polka dotted ribbon.
9. Display the plate on the wall.
10. Another way you could display your new creation is to add some jingle bells, ornaments, treats, etc and place in the middle of a table. You could also use as a cookie plate for Santa.