Loopy ribbon wreaths are all the craze, this holiday season. I designed a very simple way to make a loopy ribbon wreath, that doesn’t require multiple strands of ribbon to be cut. In fact, you can leave the ribbon on the spool and just unroll it as you create the large wire ribbon loops, onto the Christmas wreath. Many of the instructions I have seen for making loopy ribbon wreaths require you to cut tons of small ribbon strands, fold each ribbon strand into a loop, and then pin the loop onto a Styrofoam wreath. My tutorial below uses large wire ribbon and Bowdabra Bow Wire to hold the ribbon loops onto wreath.
1. Begin with either making a wreath form with poster board or using an MDF form. I used two piece of poster board and hot glued them together.
2. Next, layer the ribbon, first larger width wire, then tulle folded in half so that it is 3″ wide, wire ribbon, tulle, and thin width wire ribbon. Hold the ribbon in place with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
3. Next, measure 8″ from where you tied the ribbon. Form a loop and hold it in place with more Bowdabra Bow Wire.
5. Continue making loops and holding them in place with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
6. Form loops all around the wreath form, trim ribbon from the spools once you reach the end.
7. If you used poster board to make your wreath form – Make two more poster board forms and hot glue it onto the back of the wreath for great stability.
8. Begin to separate the loops – form a pattern if you would like.
9. Separate all the loops.
10. Hang the Loopy Large Ribbon Wreath onto your front door this holiday season.