I’m a huge snowman fan! I love wearing silly snowman sweaters and filling my home with snowmen decorations. My family doesn’t seem to mind, either! This year I’ve made a few new snowmen decoration including this Snowman wreath. This snowman evolved out of various supplies I had around the house. It didn’t cost me anything to make and took under 30 minutes to make!
Click here to check out a few more snowmen crafts.
- 2 Wreath Forms-Grapevine, embroidery hoop, etc.
- White Wire Ribbon or Holiday Wire Ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Wire or hot glue gun
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Christmas wired ribbon or tulle
- Christmas ribbon of various sizes.
- Christmas wire or garland
- 6”³ wide white tulle ribbon or anything white to cover the wreath
- 6″ wide red tulle ribbon
1. Layout your 2 circles and attach them with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
2. Take the white tulle and cover the frame. Use tulle, ribbon, white fabric,etc. Attach it with Bowdabra Wire or hot glue.
3. Take any type of holiday white ribbon, plan or patterned and cover the tulle. Secure it with Bowdabra Wire or hot glue.
4. Depending on the size of the snowman, cut a piece of Christmas Ribbon for the scarf. Put the ribbon around the snowman and tie it on.
5. For a female snowman the rest of the ribbon is to make a hair bow. Turn this into a male snowman but adding on a hat or leaving off the hair bow.
6. Cut 12”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half. Place the wire into the Bowdabra.
7. Add two pieces of Christmas wire or garland into the Bowdabra. Fold the ribbon and press it into the Mini Bowdabra to create your first loop. Continue making equal loops until the bow is as large as you want it.
8. Add in various sizes of Christmas ribbon into the Bowdabra. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow.
10. Flip the bow around, fluff it and tie it to the wreath. Trim off the extra Bowdabra Wire.
11. FInd a spot in your home or on an outside door and hang your new Mr or Mrs. Snowman wreath.