The best part of ringing in the New Year is watching the ball drop in Times Square. Get into the celebrations by making your own little “mini” New Year’s Eve Ball. Make this holiday ornament and give as a hostess gift if you are attending a New Year’s Eve party. Or better yet design this ornament as a keepsake to mark the passing of another year.
1. Begin by gathering the materials you will need to make the New Year’s Eve ball drop ornament. Using sequin pins thread first a small seed bead and then a medium seed bead. Start to place them onto a 2″ Styrofoam ball.
2. Cover the entire 2″ Styrofoam ball with beads.
3. To make the bow for the ball, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half in place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Cut 16″ of 3/8″ wide ribbon and fold it in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon face down into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. To form the first loop, fold, twist and press the loop at the 1.5″ mark on the ruler. Form a second matching loop on the other side.
6. Fold the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark on each side to create a bow with four loops and two tails.
7. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Use pins to attach the bow to the top of the beaded ball. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to hang the ornament.
12. Hang the ornament as a holiday keepsake or….
13. Give the New Year’s Eve ball drop as an ornament.