The Bowdabra Blog will be featuring paper crafting ideas, all week long. When the snow is coming down, the temperature is falling; I also get so much comfort and joy from crafting. I often sit down with my tea and spend hours crafting in my warm and cozy craft room. Recently, I made a gift box using scrapbook paper and a recycled cylinder tea box. I hope you enjoy it, as much as, I do!
Craft Supplies Needed:
Winter Scrapbooking Paper
5/8” Light Blue Satin Ribbon (66” in length)
¼” White Satin Ribbon (39” in length)
Tacky Glue, Glue Stick or Hot Glue
Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with a cylinder container. I am recycling a cute little loose tea holder.
2. Next, cut the paper to the sizes you will need to fit around the gift box.
3. Glue the paper onto the box. Cut a little tag to be placed on the gift. Attach the tag to the box using embroidery thread.
4. To make the bow for the gift box ”“ Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Cut 66” of 5/8” satin ribbon, fold the ribbon in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2” mark to make your first loop.
7. Fold a matching loop on the other side.
8. Continue to fold and press the remaining ribbon, leave tails. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand to keep it all in place.
9. Cut 39” of ¼” satin ribbon. Press the ribbon end into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Fold and press the ribbon at the 1” mark to make your first loop. Use the Mini Bowdabra wand to hold the ribbon in place.
11. Make a matching loop on the other side.
12. Fold and press remaining ribbon to form additional loops. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. Keep the wand in place thread the two loose ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
14. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
15. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction. Fluff the bow.
16. Using the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire attach a coordinating button and trim away excess wire.
17. Glue the bow onto the top of the homemade container.
18. Your little gift box is ready to be filled with winter goodies.
Looking for more paper crafting project ideas? Click here for over 32 paper crafting tutorials!