Design a ribbon hearts and bows garland banner for your home this Valentine’s Day. Using a previous Bowdabra tutorial for making woven hearts, I followed the directions and made six handmade ribbon hearts. To create the Valentine garland I strung the hearts onto yarn and added beautiful sheer Mini Bowdabra pinwheel bows. I finished each pinwheel bow with a beaded heart center.
Craft Materials Needed:
1. Begin by following the woven heart tutorial to make several handmade woven ribbon hearts.
2. To make the garland string the hearts onto red yarn.
3. Attach all the hearts to yarn.
4. To make the pinwheel bows: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the Bowdabra Bow Wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Use sheer ribbon 10.5″ long and cut the ribbon ends at an angle. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark to create your loop.
7. Fold the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark on the other side to create your second loop.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Thread the two loose ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire
to attach a heart bead to the center of the bow.
12. Tie the pinwheel bow onto the yarn and spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
13. Follow the instructions to make several pinwheel bows and tie them to the yarn.