Using Mardi Gras beads that I found at the Dollar Store, I designed a beaded collar necklace. I finished the beaded bib style necklace with Mini Bowdabra bow, in the center, to make it a unique piece of jewelry.
1. Begin by cutting out the collar necklace pattern. Beaded Collar Necklace template can be found here.
2. Cut 5/8″ sheer ribbon and hot glue or sew the ribbon onto the back of the collar necklace. Using jewelry glue start to attach the Mardi Gras beads.
3. Glue the beads around the outer edge of the collar necklace.
4. Fill the rest of the beaded collar necklace with more rows of Mardi Gras beads – hold the beads in place with E-600 glue.
5. To make the bow for the center of the beaded collar necklace place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut 18″ of ruffled ribbon and fold it in half to form a crease – at the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Fold the ribbon end over the Mini Bowdabra towers and press the end into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold the other ribbon end of the Mini Bowdabra towers and press it into the Mini Bowdabra. The ribbon will form an “X” over the towers.
9. Press the loops into the Mini Bowdabra starting with the bottom loop.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the two loose ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire into the loop.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly keeping the bow into the Min
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and tie the wire tightly in the center of the bow.
14. Fluff the bow.
15. Trim away excess wire. Glue a few Mardi Gras beads around the center of the bow to hide the wire.
16. Glue the bow onto the center of the beaded collar necklace.
17. Your Mardi Gras beaded collar necklace is ready to wear. And, just because you used Mardi Gras beads doesn’t mean that it can’t be worn throughout the year!