Time for Mardi Gras! We lived in New Orleans for 5 years. We always seem to miss “home” the most when Mardi Gras rolls around. It is a huge family event and we miss all the fun get-togethers. To keep the Mardi Gras spirit going all the way to Illinois where we currently live, we eat New Orleans food, create new decorations as well as put out the old ones.
I’m all about 30 minutes or less crafting. This wreath was a super quick project once I had all of my supplies gathered. Bring a little Mardi Gras fun into your home by making one of these wreaths.
1. Break apart Mardi Gras Beads and wrap around the grapevine wreath securing with the Bowdabra Bow Wire. If you do not want to break your beads then you can double strand wrap them and secure the beads with the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
2. Take the sparkly green tulle and wrap it around the wreath. Secure it to the back by pushing in a section into the wreath. This can also be secured with the Bowdabra Bow Wire or hot glue.
3. To make a large bow for the wreath cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half of the Bowdabra.
4. Add 6″ of the 10″ Wide ribbon (gold) into the Bowdabra.
5. Fold and twist 8″ of the ribbon to create your first loop.
6. Keep doing this back and forth 3 times each time doing it decrease the loop by 2″. First to loops will be 8″ then 6″ and final loops, 4″. Leave 6″ as a tail on the opposite side you started. Then start adding in 2 green wired ribbon pieces, 6″ long.
7. Continue to alternate the purple ribbon with the green ribbon strips. Add a total of 6-8 strips of each color.
8. Scrunch down all the ribbon with the Bowdabra Wand. Thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop and pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly. Pull up on it and bring the bow right to the top of the Bowdabra. Put the baby on top and tie it on with the extra Bowdabra Wire.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and tie the wire tightly in the center of the bow. Attach the bow to the grapevine wreath and fluff it out.
For more about the designer click here”¦.
Click here to find more Mardi Gras ideas.