Happy Valentine’s Day! Create this handmade heart craft, as a last minute Valentine gift or any time through-out the year. I came up with this craft idea because I love using recycled supplies, for craft projects. To make this heart; I recycled some cardboard, scrap ribbon, scrap yarn, dried rose petals, and buttons.
1. Begin by cutting a heart out of cardboard. Cut another smaller heart in the center of the cardboard.
2. Paint the heart red on both sides. Let dry.
3. Hole punch both at the top and the bottom of the heart. Glue recycled buttons onto the front of the heart. Glue scrap yarn around the edge.
4. Tie ribbon tails at the bottom of the heart and a yarn hanger at the top.
5. Glue a white tulle onto the heart.
6. Place dried rose petals onto the tulle and glue another piece on top.
7. Once everything dried your handmade heart is ready to be hung up or given as a gift.