Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this crafty home decor shamrock wreath! I love making wreaths and changing them out for each holiday or season. For this upcoming Saint Patty’s Day, I made a wreath using curling ribbon, craft foam and finished it with a beautiful large Bowdabra Bow.
1. Begin by wrapping lime green curling ribbon around a foam wreath form. Use straight pins to attach gold spiraled curling ribbon.
2. Continue to wrap the wreath with lime green curling ribbon and add bunches of spiraled gold curling ribbon.
3. Wrap the entire wreath with lime green curling ribbon and add spiraled gold curling ribbon.
4. Using sparkled green craft foam cut out several shamrocks for the wreath.
5. Attach the sparkle shamrocks to the wreath using a dry adhesive.
6. Use the Bowdabra and Bowdabra Bow Wire to make the bow for the wreath.
7. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Bowdabra.
8. Cut two ribbons for tails – dovetail the ends. Fold the ribbon in half and at the crease press them into the Bowdabra.
9. Press the end of the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
10. Press the ribbon into the Bowdabra to form your first loop.
11. Continue to fold and press the ribbon into the
Bowdabra to create more loops.
12. Press the gold ribbon end into the Bowdabra.
13. Fold and press the ribbon into the Bowdabra to form your first loop.
14. Continue to fold and press the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
15. Fold the tulle down into the Bowdabra.
16. Continue to fold the tulle down into the Bowdabra like an accordion.
17. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
18. Thread the two loose ends of wire through the loop.
19. Pull the wire tightly.
20. Remove the bow for the Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back and tie it tightly.
21. Fluff the bow.
22. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the top of the wreath.
23. Your St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Wreath is complete.