Tutus are super easy and cheap to make. They are a perfect gift for baby showers or your favorite photo opportunity. Create a tutu using different shades of colors for every outfit. Happy National Craft Month!
1. Gather the materials you will need to make a tutu.
2. For a quick and easy method, cut a piece of cardboard 15” by 7” long. Label the box if you would like to make different sizes.
3. Next, wrap your tulle around the cardboard evenly. I used a 6” spool. Don’t wrap too tight. Once you’ve finished wrapping, secure both ends with a rubber band. Carefully and slowly, cut the ends of the tulle using the edge of the cardboard as your guide.
4. Cut a piece of elastic about 13” long. Sew the overlapping ends together, forming a 12” round waistband.
5. Now you’re going to ”œslip knot” each piece of tulle onto the elastic. To do this, take a piece of tulle and fold it in half. Place it under the elastic with the loop on the right and the tails of the tulle on the left.
6. Continue casting the tulle onto the elastic until you have gone all the way around.
7. Next, cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place into the Bowdabra. Place a piece of grosgrain ribbon onto the Bowdabra.
8. Make a loop on each side. Then make a second loop on each side that is lower than the first loop.
9. Scrunch down the ribbon by using the Bowdabra wand. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the ribbon tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Fluff the bow.
10. Attach the bow to a hair clip and add finishing ribbon.
11. Attach a piece of thin grosgrain ribbon to the tutu. Use a glue dot or glue gun to attach both ends.
12. Attach the hair clip to the tutu.