No sew fabric bows are very easy to make and perfect when you are looking to make a large bow. It is often hard to find large width ribbon in fun patterns. However, you can make large width bows using pretty fabric patterns and best of all no sewing is required!
I have a really pretty Easter sign and I wanted a nice large bow to place on top of it. I used my Bowdabra to make a great the big bow and Bowdabra Bow Wire to hold the fabric together!
1. Begin by cutting your favorite Easter fabric 14″ x 44″. Iron the sides to make a small hem and help the fabric from fraying. Fold the fabric in so that is 6″ wide. Iron it all in place – use fabric starch to make the fabric stiff.
2. Use pinking sheers to cut the ends of the fabric to keep it from fraying.
3. Fold the fabric in half to find the middle. Press the middle of the fabric into the Bowdabra right side down (the hem side should be on top).
4. Fold the fabric in to make your first loop.
5. Fold the fabric to make a matching loop on the other side.
6. Place a silk flower in the center of the Bowdabra.
7. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Wand.
8. Thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop.
9. Pull the wire tightly.
10. Bring the wire around the back and knot it.
11. Your fabric bow is complete.
12. Tie the fabric bow onto a wreath or home decor sign.