Decorative bird houses can add character to your garden or your home. My children and I really enjoy painting bird houses. Decorating birdhouses is a pretty simple project that lets everyone be creative with paints and little embellishments.
Below is my birdhouse and tutorial for fun Easter decor.
Materials Needed for this Birdhouse:
1. Begin with an unpainted wooden bird house. Give the birdhouse a quick sanding and then wipe it down with a damp rag.
2. Brush on several coats of paint and let it dry.
3. Use tacky glue to add several spring embellishments and thin width ric-rac. Add a few miniatures along the side.
4. To make small bows for the birdhouse place the ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Place the thin width ric rac into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 5cm tail.
6. Fold and press the ric rac at the 3cm mark to make your first loop.
7. Continue folding and press the loops at the 3cm mark. Make a total of 6 loops.
8. Cut the ric rac at the 5cm mark to make a matching tail.
9. Place two small florals into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop.
12. Pull the wire tightly.
13. Bring the wire around the back of the bow and knot it.
14. Fluff the bow.
15. Glue a small floral to the center of the bow to hide the wire. Follow the instructions to make a matching bow. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bows to the bird house.
16. Your decorated bird house perfect for Easter and spring decor is complete.