I thought it would be really fun to upcycle one of the prettier cake tin’s and transform it into a beautiful and simple wreath. Follow my Bowdabra Blog tutorial to learn how to add a Mini Bowdabra Bow to make your upcycled bundt cake tin wreath.
- Bundt Cake Tin
- 1.5″ Aqua Blue Satin Ribbon
- Costume Jewelry Piece
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with a bundt cake tin pan recycled from your kitchen.
2. Add a strand of ribbon around the cake tin to hang it.
3. To make the bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Cut 30″ of 1.5″ wide satin ribbon – dovetail the ends of the ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the crease mark.
5. Fold the first loop at the 2″ mark.
6. Fold a second loop at the 2″ mark.
7. Fold two more loops at the 2″ mark.
8. Finish with two more loops at the 1″ mark.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wand.
10. Put the two ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
11. Pull the wire tightly.
12. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the wire on the back of the bow.
13. Fluff the bow, spiral the wire around a paint brush, and hot glue a piece of costume jewelry to the center of the bow. Glue the bow to the ribbon.
14. Your beautiful upcycled wreath is complete.