This week on the Bowdabra Blog our designers are sharing eco-friendly (reuse, recycle, re-purpose) home decor projects. If your home is anything like mine, you will find it full of cans and glass jars. We’ve created fun projects with these items over the years. One of my favorite is to use the cans and little planters to give as gifts or to make centerpieces for parties. Here is a cat food container which we used to make little center pieces for a patriotic party.
The fun thing with these being centerpieces, guest can take them home and replant them in their flower garden. The clothes pins are reusable as well as the ribbon. This project only takes a few minutes to make which is perfect if you have a lot to make!
1. Use the Mini Bowdabra to make the bow for your container. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Fold the 24”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Find the center of the 12”³ white grosgrain ribbon and add into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 2”³ loop.
4. Repeat to the other side of the ribbon.
5. Find the center of the red, white and blue wire and add it into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold and press the wire in to the Mini Bowdabra making a 2”³ loop on both sides.
6. Find the center of the 6”³ piece of ribbon and add to the Mini Bowdabra. Use this ribbon to scrunch down the other ribbons. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Remove the bow and bring the Bowdabra Bow Wire around to the back of the bow, then back to the front and knot.
8. Gather supplies and remove the label off of the container.
9. Hammer 3-5 small holes in the bottom of the container if the plant will be in it for
a few weeks. If the plants are going to be replanted right away, you can skip this step.
10. Clip the clothes pins all around the container.
11. Add the plant to the container.
12. Wrap the white grosgrain ribbon around the container and hot glue or tape on it.
13. Wrap the bow around the container and tie off in the back. This can also be trimmed and hot glued to the front.
For more about Bowdabra Designer Susie by clicking here”¦.
Click here to check out more recycled projects!