My mother loves teapots and collects them. So when I saw this wooden cutout of a teapot, I knew I had to think of something crafty to do. The grandchildren all call her “Granny” and it is difficult to find things with “Granny” on them so I incorporated that as well.
Personalize your own Mother’s Day gift for the Grandma, Granny, or Nana in your life!
- Wooden cutout of teapot
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Diecut machine for letters
- Brown cardstock for letters
- Patterned scrapbook paper
- 12 inches of 7/8″ ribbon
- 6 inches of 3/8″ ribbon
- 18 inches of Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Brown paint
- White paint
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
1. Sand and paint the teapot white.
2. Trace the teapot onto the reverse side of your patterned paper and cut out image.
3. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to teapot and adhere the patterned paper. Smooth out any bubbles and allow to dry.
4. Distress the edges of the teapot with brown paint. Apply a light coat of Modge Podge on teapot and place letters. Apply another coat of Modge Podge on top of the letters.
5. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Using approximately 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra. To make your bow cut 12″ of ribbon and fold the ribbon in half to create a crease mark. At the crease mark place the ribbon into Mini Bowdabra. Fold the ribbon to create a 2”³ loop.
6. Fold the ribbon on the other side to create another 2”³ loop.
7. Cut 6”³ of 3/8”³ satin ribbon and fold the ribbon in half to create a crease mark. At the crease mark place the ribbon into Mini Bowdabra on top of the previous ribbon.
8. Fold the ribbon to create a 1.5”³ mark. Fold the ribbon to create a second loop and scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end and tighten.
9. Attach the bow to your teapot and fluff as needed.
10. Your teapot for Mother’s Day is complete. Granny will surely hang the teapot in the kitchen with pride!