I love giving and receiving flowers any day and especially on Mother’s Day. Spring is the time to buy potted flowers for the home, inside and out. Here is an easy gift wrap idea to spruce up the ugly black containers potted flowers come in before gifting.
We all have extra fabric and ribbon around the house to do this easy craft! Just think of the person who is to receive this gift, pick fabric, ribbon and flowers and in just a few minutes you will have a beautiful, personalized gift. If you want to add in something extra, tuck in a gift card to one of their favorite garden centers, restaurants or coffee spots.
1. Gather up fabric, ribbon and potted flowers.
2. Cut fabric to fit around potted flower.
3. Wrap fabric around the potted flower.
4. Wrap and tie a strip of ribbon around the potted plant to secure the fabric. Use the matching ribbon for the bow.
4. Use the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool & Ruler and Bowdabra Bow Wire to create a mini bow to go on the front of the potted plant.
5. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Depending on the size of your potted plant, use three 4 to 6 inch pieces of ribbon and add to the Mini Bowdabra. If the ribbon has a pattern, give it a twist to keep the pattern facing upward.
7. Spread out the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Thread the two loose ends of Bowdabra wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back and tie it tightly. Trim the ribbon ends with the pinking sheers to the size you want.
9. Tie the bow to the potted plant or hot glue it onto the wrapped ribbon.
10. Attach a gift card by tucking it into the ribbon.
Check here on the tutorial on how to gift wrap fresh cut flowers.