I love giving and receiving fresh flowers any day and especially on Mother’s Day. If I am giving flowers to someone local, I will purchase prepackaged flowers and put them in one of my own vases to give to the recipient. I love picking up vases at yard sales. Most of the vases we have picked up at yard sales are $.25. To add fun to the vase, here is an easy idea using ribbon which matches the flowers.
We all have ribbon around the house to do this easy craft! Just think of the person who is to receive this gift, pick up your fresh flowers & ribbon and in just a few minutes you will have a beautiful, personalized wrapped gift. If you want to add in something extra, tuck in a gift card to one of their favorite garden centers, restaurants or coffee spots.
1. Gather ribbon and flowers.
2. Cut ribbon to fit around vase. Use double sided tape or hot glue to secure ribbon to vase.
3. Use the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool & Ruler and Bowdabra Bow Wire to create a mini bow to go on the front of the vase.
4. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Depending on the size of your vase and how large of a bow you want, use three 4 to 6 inch pieces of ribbon and add to the Mini Bowdabra. If the ribbon has a pattern, give it a twist to keep the pattern facing upward. Use whatever ribbon you want to match your flowers. For extra embellishment to the bow, use white pearl stamen floral accessory on top of the last ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Thread the two loose ends of Bowdabra wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back and tie it tightly. Trim the ribbon ends with the pinking sheers to the size you want.
7. Tie the bow to the vase on top of the wrapped ribbon or hot glue it onto the wrapped ribbon.
8. Attach a card or gift card by tucking it into the ribbon.
Click here to learn how to fabric wrap a potted plant and create the perfect bow.