Make these handmade soul mate pillows using white bandanas. Finish each pillow with a Mini Bowdabra Bow. I used fabric paint and a stencil to paint soul and mate on each pillow. The pillows are inexpensive to make and the bride and groom are sure to love them! The decorative pillows are a wonderful keepsake and the perfect gift for a bridal shower or wedding.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make these pillows.
2. Cut two bandanas for the front and back of your pillow. I decided to make pillows rectangular. Stencil the words “soul” and “mate” onto the pillows.
3. Sew the pillows and stuff with fiberfill.
4. Tie 3/8″ wide grosgrain ribbon along the side of the pillows.
5. To make the bows for the pillows – place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut 22″ of 1.5″ wide grosgrain – fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Fold the first loop at the 1.5″ mark on the ruler.
8. Fold a matching loop on the other side.
9. Fold two more loops at the 1.5″ mark.
Cut a piece of 7″ long 1.5″ wide red grosgrain. Place the end into the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Fold the other end into the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Form a crease and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Adjust the loops (using the ruler as your guide) so that they are even on each side.
13. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
14. Thread the ends of the wire through the loop.
15. Pull the wire tightly.
16. Bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot. Fluff the bow.
17. Use the wire to tie the bow to the 3/8″ wide grosgrain. Spiral the remaining wire for fun ringlets.
18. Follow the instructions to make a matching bow. Both pillows are complete and will make the perfect gift!
For more about the designer click here…