Learn how to make a boutonniere and finish it with a small Bowdabra bow. Boutonnieres are expensive at the florists and they are relatively easy to make. Chose a flower for the boutonniere that matches the occasion, prom date’s corsage, or a flower selected from the bride’s wedding bouquet. Add some baby’s breath and greenery to the flower and finish with the stems wrapped in ribbon and small bow.
1. Begin by gathering all the supplies you will need to make your boutonniere.
2. Place floral wire through the end of the flower you are using. I chose a carnation which has a nice hard stem. By inserting floral wire into the flower stem it allows you to keep it all together tightly.
3. Stack baby’s breath, greenery, and beaded spray behind the flower. Hold everything together tightly with floral wire.
4. Wrap floral tape around the stems and then wrap thin width ribbon.
5. To make the bow for the boutonniere place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half, lay the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Next, cut a small ribbon spray and dovetail the ends. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold the ribbon to create multiple bow loops.
7. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. Thread the two wire ends through the loop.
9. Pull the wire tightly.
10. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the wire at the back of the bow. Attach a coordinating bead to the center of the bow using the remaining wire. Use the wire to tie the bow to the boutonniere.
11. Your boutonniere is complete.