Handmade gifts are the perfect way to show someone that you care. Fill a mason jar full of your dad’s favorite candies and foods. Download our Bowdabra Blog pdf printable to decorate the outside of the mason jar, print a cover for the top of the jar, and add a Happy Father’s Day tag. Complete the Father’s Day gift with a Mini Bowdabra Bow.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make a dad a gift.
2. Download the Father’s Day Mason Jar Printables. If the link doesn’t open in your browser please try a different browser or email us at sarahforhan at bowdabrablog dot com and will be happy to email you the pdf.
3. Trace the top cover of the mason jar around the printed circle image – cut out the paper. Cut out the #1 Dad label and the gift tag. Glue the images to the jar along with the paper ribbon around the edge of the mason jar cover.
4. To make the bow for the gift – place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Dovetail the end of paper ribbon. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 2″ tail.
6. Fold and press the ribbon at the 2″ mark to create your first loop.
7. Continue folding and pressing the ribbon at the 2″ mark.
8. Trim the ribbon and dovetail the end to make a tail for the other side.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. Thread the two wire tails through the loop.
11. Pull the wire tightly.
12. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and tie a knot in the back.
13. Fluff the bow.
14. Use the wire to attach the Happy Father’s Day tag and glue the bow onto the top of the mason jar cover.
15. Gift dad your special handmade gift filled with his favorite foods and candies.