I have three crafty teens in my house. I never know what they are going to create next. Emily saw these flip flops while we were on vacation and said that they would make a cute wreath. After our vacation, we got crafty together and came up with this fun, fancy and oh so teen like wreath!
Have you ever been inspired by a pair of flip flops? Find a pair and create a wreath for your door or your teens bedroom! This wreath is hanging in Emily’s teen bedroom. This was also very inexpensive because we searched our craft supplies for all the right embellishments to go with the flip flops.
We challenge you to make a flip flop wreath this summer for yourself or get your kids and teens involved! If you do make one, share it with us on our Facebook page and/or in our Crafty Showcase and we will pin it to Pinterest!
- Grapevine Wreath
- Feathers or Silk Flowers
- Wire Ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Flip Flops
1. Begin gathering all materials you will need to make this grapevine wreath and Bowdabra Bow.
2. Gather 5-10 pieces of various ribbons and tie all around the wreath.
3. Attach other embellishments to the wreath like flowers or feathers with the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
4. Hot glue the flip flops to the wreath.
5. To make the bow for the wreath cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
6. Next, place one piece of wire ribbon into the Bowdabra. Size varies depending on the size of your wreath.
7. Layer two more pieces of ribbon into the Bowdabra.
8. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
9. Thread the ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
10. Remove the bow and bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot.
10. Fluff the bow and spread out the pieces evenly.
11. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the grapevine wreath.
12. Hang up your wreath!