You know when you just fall in love with a piece of jewelry at the craft store and you just have to have it? Well, I had one of those moments about eight months ago with a decorative buckle. I had absolutely no idea how I was going to use this buckle but I wanted it! Well, fast forward to today and I am over the moon thrilled with my woven ribbon chain necklace with decorative buckle charm!
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this diy jewelry woven ribbon chain necklace with buckle charm.
2. Begin to weave the 1/8″ wide ribbon through the links in the chain.
3. Once, you have woven about 1/3 of the chain attach the ribbon to a decorative buckle charm.
4. Weave the ribbon through chain on the back of the buckle. Attach it through the bottom of the buckle.
5. Flip the necklace back over and continue weaving.
6. Weave the entire chain and then using tacky glue, glue the ends of the ribbon over the last chain link.
7. Glue both sides and then attach the necklace clasp.
8. (Optional) Add a bow to the bottom of the buckle charm. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Place the 1/8″ wide ribbon at the 3cm mark.
10. Fold two loops at the 2cm mark.
11. Fold two more loops at the 2cm mark and cut the ribbon at the 3cm mark. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
12. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
13. Remove the bow and bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot.
14. Remove the excess Bowdabra Bow wire and glue a finishing ribbon over it.
15. Glue the finished bow to the bottom of the charm.
16. The necklace is complete.
17. And ready to be worn.