Locker magnets are a fun way of back to school craft for kids and teens to jazz-up their lockers and showcase their style. Design these easy DIY locker magnets for back-to-school. This is a great craft for kids to make on their own or with your help.
- assorted 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon
- Dress It Up Springtime in Paris
- Dress It Up Big Ol’ Buttons
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side)
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make these magnets.
2. Glue magnets to the back of the large buttons.
3. Glue flowers to the top of the buttons.
4. To make small bows for the magnets begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Cut the grosgrain ribbon into a point. Place the ribbon end at the 2.5cm.
6. Fold the ribbon at the 2cm mark to create your first loop.
7. Fold a matching loop on the other side and cut the ribbon end at the 2.5cm mark.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Thread the two tail ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
10. Pull the wire tightly.
11. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the wire in the back of the bow.
12. Trim away Bowdabra Bow Wire and glue a finishing ribbon around the bow.
13. Glue bow onto the top of the button.
14. Follow the instructions to make bows for every magnet.
15. Magnets are ready for the locker.