I love wooden signs with a welcome sentiment. Placing heartfelt signs by your entry way is a great way to welcome guests into your home. Purchase an unfinished wooden sign at your local craft store and add your own sentiment and finish with beautiful Mini Bowdabra Bows. Make several signs and share with family and friends when they move into a new home.
1. Begin by painting an unfinished sign and adding a sentiment.
2. Next, to add the bows to the sign place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra. Gather the ribbon you will need.
2. Cut small strips of tulle 3″ long and about 2″ wide. Start to place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. I placed a total of six strips.
4. Cut a small strip of poly satin ribbon a dovetail the ends. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Fold and twist to create our first bow loop.
6. Continue folding and twisting to create additional loops. When you have enough loops cut the ribbon and dovetail the end.
7. To finish the bow scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Then, thread the two end of the wire through the wire loop.
8. Pull the wire tightly.
9. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back and knot. Fluff the bow. Follow the instructions to make matching bow.
10. Cut small strips of tulle and make little tulle flowers.
11. Glue the bows and tulle flowers to the wooden sign and give as a housewarming gift.