My favorite childhood book was called, The Egg. I made my parents read it to me over and over again until I had it memorized. The premise of the book is kids find an egg, they roll it up a hill, only to have it come crashing down the other side, the egg cracks, and a baby dinosaur is born.
Who knows why we choose the books that we do as kids?
But for whatever reason this book was my favorite and it has inspired me to make a Happy Birthday Card. I finished the card with a Mini Bowdabra bow.
Make your own card inspired by your favorite childhood book using the instructions below.
1. Begin with your favorite childhood book. As you can see my book has seen better days but I read it none stop as a young child.
2. Find an image in the book you like and trace it using tracing paper.
3. Trace the image onto white paper using carbon paper or just heavily press the image into the paper using a pencil. Color the images with colored pencils.
4. Glue the traced image onto a card along with the Happy Birthday sentiment.
5. To make the bow for the card begin by gathering assorted ribbon and a 3-D coordinating stickers. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half, place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Place four small strands of sheer dovetailed ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, place the end of 3/8″ wide grosgrain ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Fold the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark to make the first loop.
8. Make a matching loop on the other side and cut the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark and dovetail the end.
9. Place another strand of ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra begin on the opposite side.
10. Fold the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark on both sides and dovetail the end.
11. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Then take the two tail ends of the wire through the loop.
12. Pull the wire tightly.
13. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring it around to the back of the bow and knot it.
14. Fluff the bow.
15. Trim away excess wire and place a 3-D sticker in the center of the bow.
16. Glue the bow onto the card.
17. Give as a Happy Birthday card, maybe include your favorite childhood book as the gift!