My family loves movies. We watch them at home and at the movie theatre. Popcorn or some sort of snack mix is usually involve when we are at home. We love making snack mix which almost always involves popcorn and for me a “clean out the pantry” time opportunity. Every time we make snack mix it is different. We hope you enjoy our simple, go to snack mix!
This week we are sharing paper crafting ideas and I happen to run across a simple, do-it-yourself free printable popcorn box from the ever so crafty foodie blog, Design Eat Repeat. Today I’m sharing with you what I made with her printable and then you can POP on over to her blog and get the free printable. I printed mine off in gray scale/ black and white but switching my printer setting. On her blog, she has the project in the bright colors. Either works!
This printable project would be fun to use at parties, too. It took me 5 minutes to print, cut, tape and add a cute Bowdabra bow to this box. If you print it off in color use different colored bows. Same if you print it in black and white. Pick any ribbon you want and I just used what I had on hand. Super easy and what a special touch to family movie night.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make the popcorn box which includes printing off the pattern in color or black & white.
2. Easy instructions are on the free printable. She has dashes to cute and solid line to fold.
3. Once cut out and folded use double sided tape to put it together.
4. Now that the box is together, gather up the bow making supplies!
5. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra. Add the ribbon to make and tail and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Keep making equal loops and finish with a tail on the opposite side where you began. Do as many loops as you want. I just did one on each side. Add extra scraps of ribbon as needed.
8.Add more scraps as needed.
9. Scrunch down the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Thread the two Bowdabra Bow Wire tails through the loop and pull the wire tightly. Remove ribbon.
10. Flip over and bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot. That simple!
11. Add tape to the ribbon to stick to the popcorn box.
12. Wrap around the box and add tape if needed.
13. Finish off with more tape or hot glue where you started.
14. Use the tape or hot glue to attach bow to popcorn box.
15. Make snack and add to the boxes. This is the perfect size box for parties!