Design a very easy card for any occasion using the prick and stitch method. I chose an apple image that I found on the Internet. Then using a yarn needle I just pricked holes around the image. Then I went back using embroidery thread and stitched the outline. Super simple! I finished the card with an embroidery thread bow.
- Embroidery Thread
- Yarn Needle
- Apple Image
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make your prick and stitch embroidery card with Mini Bowdabra Bow.
2. Next, using an apple image prick the outline of the image using a yarn needle onto cardstock.
3. Begin to stitch the outline of the apple with embroidery thread. I separated my stitches for a hand sewn look.
4. Outline the entire apple using red, brown, and green thread.
5. Attach the apple stitched cardstock to the card.
6. To make the embroidery thread bow for the card place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Place the end of the embroidery thread at the 4cm mark and then fold it at the 3cm mark to make your first loop.
8. Fold a matching loop on the other side.
9. Continue folding the embroidery thread at the 3cm mark to make multiple loops. Cut the thread at the 4cm mark.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Then thread the two Bowdabra Bow Wires through the loop.
11. Pull the wire tightly.
12. Bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot.
13. Thread a button onto the wire, tie a small bow, and trim away excess wire.
14. Glue the bow onto the card.
15. Your apple prick and stitch embroidery card is complete and ready to be given for any occasion.