The Twisted Boutique Bow is so much fun to make! Visit our step-by-step written tutorial along with our video tutorial to learn how. Once you have mastered the Twisted Boutique Bow you are ready to make a Stacked Twisted Boutique Bow.
Materials Needed for One Bow:
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make the bow.
2. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Cut 10″ of 7/8″ wide grosgrain. Place one end into the Mini Bowdabra, fold the other end over the towers and into the other side. This will form a loop.
4. Press the loop into the Mini Bowdabra to form the 4″ wide bow tie.
5. Next, cut a 5″ wide ribbon strand. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon. Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Make a 3″ wide Twisted Boutique Bow using 18″ of ribbon. Video tutorial for making a Twisted Boutique Bow here.
7. Cut 5″ of 3/8″ wide grosgrain ribbon. Dovetail one end of the ribbon, place the other end into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold the ribbon at the 1″ mark to form a point.
8. Make a point at the other side.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop.
11. Pull the wire tightly.
12. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the back.
13. Thread two beads onto the wire and place another knot in the back of the bow.
14. Trim away excess wire and glue a french clip to the back of the bow.
15. Follow the instructions to make matching hair clips.