Celebrate Mardi Gras with this fun and festive crown fascinator and Bowdabra Bow. Create a wire crown and attach it to a ribbon bow. The bow easily be worn on headband or an alligator clip.
- 20 Gauge Wire
- Gold Key Ring
- Jewelry Tools
- 36″ of 1.5″ wide Satin Ribbon
- Headband or Alligator Clip
- Small Piece of Garland
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with a key ring and 20 gauge wire.
2. Wrap the wire around the key ring leaving some spaces in-between.
3. Cut strands of wire for the crown’s points. Wrap the ends around the key rings.
4. Wrap wire around the points for stability.
5. Gather supplies to make the bow – the crown will be placed in the center.
6. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Cut 36″ of 1.5″ wide ribbon, fold the ribbon in half to make a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold the ribbon to make your first loop at the 2″ mark.
9. Fold the ribbon to make a matching loop on the other side.
10. Fold another two loops.
11. Fold a final two loops, tails should now be facing down.
12. Add a small piece of garland to the center of the bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. Take the two tail ends and thread the wire through the loop.
14. Pull the wire tightly. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot it on the back of the bow.
15. Fluff the bow.
16. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the wire crown to the center of the bow. Then tie the bow to a headband.
17. Your festive Mardi Gras hair bow is ready to be worn.