Celebrate the coming of spring with a fun home decoration. Make this floral home decor item with a Bowdabra Bow using simple items like decorative scrapbooking paper, Styrofoam ball, sequin pins, and a ribbon.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this craft.
2. Cut a piece of cardstock in half to form two triangles. Score the two edges and add glue strips along the edge. Glue the edges together to form the cone.
3. Insert the Styrofoam ball into the cone. Begin to pin little flower paper punches onto the ball using a sequin pin and seed bead. Fill the entire top of the ball. Use a hole puncher to make two holes for the ribbon hanger.
3. To make the bow for the decoration place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Cut 27″ of 7/8″ wide grosgrain dovetail the ends. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease at the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Fold the ribbon loops at the 2″ mark on each side.
6. Cut another strip of grosgrain this time fold the loops at the 1.5″ mark.
7. Lastly cut a final strip of sheer ribbon 27″ long. Fold the loops at the 1″ mark.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
10. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the back.
11. Glue a flower punch to the center of the bow.
12. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the decoration. Insert the wire through the two hole punches and knot the back. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
13. Your spring decoration is ready to be hung.