Looking for a fun and unique Easter decor idea? Kim of Exquisitely Unremarkable shares her step-by-step tutorial for making a tulle carrot garland. There are many ways to use this garland, decorate your window or mantel with this festive Easter decorating idea.
- 1 yard of orange tulle
- Orange thread and a needle
- Green variegated yarn
- 3 yards of ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra w/Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering all the supplies you will need to make this garland.
2. Next, cut tulle into 12” circles.
3. Fold circle in half and stick needle through center, make a knot.
4. To complete the carrot shape; wind thread up and diagonally around tulle to form a carrot shape. Anchor it halfway up carrot with a stitch. Gather top and sew closed. Fluff carrot.
5. To make the greenery for the top of the carrot wrap yarn around fingers four times.
6. Sew the yarn loops to the top of carrot, cut through loops or leave them, for a fuller look.
7. To make the bows for the garland place the Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Using the ruler as your guide fold the ribbon to form loops at the 1″ mark. Leave 6″ of space between each bow. Continue making bows along the ribbon garland to complete the look.
9. Attach carrots using the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
10. Hang your festive tulle carrot garland in a window or along a mantle.