Bandanas can be found in some many stores and they usually come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. Several years ago, I found this cherry bandana that was just too cute to pass up. It only cost a $1.00 and I knew that the fabric would be perfect to recycle for summer fashion. I used a portion of the fabric to make this fun wristlet purse with Mini Bowdabra Bow.
- Bandana (or scrap fabric)
- Sewing Machine (or hand-stitch)
- 3/8″ wide Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra w/Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this craft.
2. Sew the bandana into a wristlet purse shape.
3. Add snaps and sew on a ribbon strand for the wristlet.
4. To make the bow for the purse place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Place the ribbon strand at the 2″ mark for the bow’s tail.
6. Fold and press the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark for the first loop.
7. Fold and press the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark on the other side.
8. Cut the ribbon at the 2″ mark for the other bow tail.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
11. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra. Knot the wire in the back of the bow and trim away excess wire. Glue a finishing ribbon to the center of the bow.
12. Sew the bow onto the wristlet purse and it is complete.