Making your own handmade gifts for family and friends is so rewarding. Most of the materials in this tutorial were given to me by my Mother-in-Law. This frugal mason jar project can be recreated easily using material you already have around your home. It was easy and fun to make. The tea light is a great addition to this project. Every time the candle is lit your friend will remember you!
1. Begin by gathering all the materials.
2. Hot glue the decorative ribbon around the mason jar lid.
3. Use the decorative punch to create a punch strip long enough to go around the jar.
4. Hot glue the tea light to the bottom of the mason jar. This can be a real candle or a battery operated tea light.
5. Secure the decorative scrapbook border around the middle of the jar using the hot glue.
6. To make the bow cut 12? of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Find the center of your ribbon, pinch and press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold over one side of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra creating a loop.
9. Fold over the other side of the ribbon to create another loop.
10. Trim the tails of the ribbon to be equal in size.
11. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly and remove the bow. Knot the wire in the back.Trim off the wire. Hot glue the bow to the mason jar. Wrap the tails around the jar and hot glue to jar.
12. Hot glue a piece of decorative ribbon to the top of the lid.
13. If you didn’t add the scrapbook paper decorative border around the jar, do it now. Glue ribbon around the mason jar lid, too.
14. Add a paper flower embellishment to the top of the lid.