New Year’s Eve is here! 2015 is waiting at the door with hope and promises of a great year ahead. We wish all our friends, readers and well-wishers a great year full of success, happiness, smiles and love!
Before we bid goodbye to 2014, here’s one post especially for all our friends who are looking for ideas to do up their home elegantly and tastefully with some last minute holiday decorating ideas!
Ever enter into a friend’s home and feel immediately comfortable and welcome? I am guessing it was not because of its sterile cleanliness or extravagant furnishings. It was because the homeowner took the time to decorate in such a way that made her guests feel relaxed and welcome.
Having a social gathering around the holidays can be an especially stressful time for everyone. Here are some helpful hints to decorate your home with warmth and comfort on a small budget.
1. Make your own pine cone wreath. Gather pine cones from your yard attach them to a wire wreath. Finish the wreath with a nice ribbon bow and hang on your front door. Guest will immediately feel welcome when they arrive and see your beautiful door.
2. Place a large bowl filled with brightly colored fruit in the center of your table. The fruit looks gorgeous as a focal point and can be eaten or baked with later.
3. Purchase inexpensive white bathroom hand towels. Attach a trim along the bottom of the hand towel made from festive holiday ribbon (adhere ribbon to the towel with fusible iron on hem tape). Add a bow to the center of the towel with matching or coordinating ribbon.
4. Decorating your fireplace mantle is always a fun and easy way to bring warmth and festivity for home. Drape garland along the mantle and hold it in place with push pins. Attach festive bows and ornaments to the garland.
5. Fill canning jars with colorful candy around your home. Attach a bow or ornament on the front of the jar.
6. Visit your local farm stand and purchase pumpkins, gourds, and poinsettias. Shake a little gold glitter on both the vegetables and the plants and place around your home. Gold glitter is a really easy trick to give everything a fresh rich look.
7. Instead of purchasing a large Christmas tree, purchase a few tabletop trees to be decorated around the house. Your home will be filled with a wonderful piney smell and each room’s tree can have a special theme or color scheme. Large trees are very expensive while the little tabletop trees are usually inexpensive and very easy to decorate.
8. Decorative your banister with fresh greenery. Often for fresh greenery it is as easy as going into your backyard. Cut fresh sprigs and branches and then bring inside and soak in water overnight to rehydrate. Wrap the branches around your banister and hold in place with floral wire.
9. Add scented decorative candles around your home. Scented candles add a fondness and ambiance to your home at a very reasonable price.
10. Fill a tall narrow glass vase with brightly colored Christmas balls. Set the vase near a window where the colored balls can create wonderful multi-colored prisms throughout the room.
A warm inviting home can make your guests feel welcome and comfortable during this holiday season. A few inexpensive touches here and there can help you prepare your home for the holidays.
Check out great holiday discounts in our store: 40% OFF on Bowdabra Kits, 30% OFF on Gift Baskets and more!