January 14th is National Dress your pet up day. So in honor of this day I figured why not make it a dress up your pet week? I don’t like putting uncomfortable clothing on my pets but a collar dresses them up quite nicely. This little puffy flower slip on collar bling is easy to remove and replace with a different one. Make them in several different colors and your pup will have a whole wardrobe to change with the seasons…or mood. These little slip on collar additions cost over $5.00 in pet and department stores and you can make one for practically nothing! Make money selling your bows at craft shows and more with a Mini Bowdabra bow maker.
- Mini Bowdabra bow maker
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 18 inches of 3” wide printed tulle
- 8 inches of 1 ½ wide sheer white ribbon
- Scrap of white felt
- 3 inches of ¼” wide elastic (you can substitute an old hair tie)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Gather your supplies.
- Cut an 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire and fold in half. Insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two pieces of wire at the other.
- Insert the tulle into the bow maker like an accordion. Continue until you have reached the end of the tulle.
- Scrunch down with the wand.
- Insert the sheer white ribbon in the same way and continue until you have used all the ribbon. Scrunch down again with the wand.
- Insert the two loose pieces of wire through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the bow maker. (Slipknot) Remove from the bow maker and tie a knot in the back. Fluff out the bow.
- Using the hot glue gun, carefully attach one end of the elastic piece to the back of the puffy bow. Bring the other end into a loop and glue.
- Cut a small circle from a piece of white felt and attach to the inside of the elastic loop. Clip off any excess bow wire. (See photo) Slip on the collar and enjoy.