This DIY January Thaw Wreath was made with the Bowdabra Bow Maker
What can you say about winter? Lot’s of people think winter is a tad bit too long and never stop wishing for spring. They welcome a phenomenon known as the January thaw. It’s a term we use to describe an unseasonable rise in temperature in mid winter. The January thaw is kind of nature’s way to reload before blasting us with another period of cold before it finally heads into spring. This January thaw wreath with Bowdabra bow pays homage to winter with just a hint of spring. It is quick and easy and you can make the Bowdabra bow in any color you wish.
- 11 feet two-inch wide white sheer wired ribbon (For a larger bow use wider ribbon)
- 3 feet of two-inch wide wired ribbon in the same color or contrasting color
- Laser cut wooden heart (Available in craft stores)
- Gather your supplies. Prepare the wreath by wrapping the floral garland all around through the wreath foliage. Make sure the leaves and flowers of the garland are in a pleasing arrangement. Secure both ends in the back with wire. Fluff up the wreath.
- Make the bow. Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18-inches long and fold in half. Insert into the bow maker leaving a loop on one side and two pieces of wire on the other.
- Fold the shorter piece of ribbon in half and center it in the bow maker. Both ends should be equal. This will be the ribbon tails.
- Insert the longer piece of ribbon in the bow maker and make a loop. Make a matching loop on the opposite side.
- Continue making matching loops back and forth until you have eight loops on each side.
- Use the wand to scrunch down the bow.
- Insert the two loose ends of the bow wire through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the bow maker.
- Tie a knot in the back of the bow and fluff out all the loops.
- Paint the laser cut heart with red acrylic paint and a small paintbrush and let dry. Cut two pieces of wire with wire cutters and attach the heart to the center of the wreath threading the wire through the cut sections of the heart.
- Fold the ribbon bow ends in half and cut across to make dove tails. Attach the ribbon bow to the wreath with the bow wire.
Do you have the Bowdabra Bow Maker to make this DIY January Thaw Wreath?