Soon it will be April and April is famous for showers. What better way to decorate for spring than with a cool floral umbrella door hanger? After all April showers bring May flowers. I found this cute child sized umbrella for $5 and grabbed some spring flowers at the dollar store. Add a big, beautiful Bowdabra bow and you are all set to hang it on the door. It’s so easy to make that you will want to make one for gifts as well. This entire umbrella door hanger goes together in less than an hour and the best part is that if you decide you would like to change the flowers you can just take them out and add different ones.
- Child size umbrella in a spring color or colors (I found one for $5 at the Five below store)
- Several spring flower bushes in colors to match your umbrella
- 3 ¼” wide green burlap ribbon (about 3 feet)
- 3” sheer floral print ribbon (about 6 feet)
- Gather your supplies. Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18 inches long. Tie a knot about 8 inches up from the bottom point of the umbrella. Tie the knot tightly as he top part of the umbrella will act as a vase for your flowers. Trim any excess bow wire.
- Cut another 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two pieces of wire at the other.
- Insert the end of the burlap ribbon in the bow maker and make a loop on the opposite side. Make a matching loop on the other side.
- Insert the sheer ribbon in the bow maker and make a loop. Make a matching loop on the other side. Continue making loops on each side till you have three loops on each side.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight. Turn to the back and tie a knot. Fluff up your bow. Fold the ends of the sheer ribbon in half and cut on the diagonal to make dove tails.
- Insert the flowers in a pleasing way in the top of the umbrella making sure the hook handle is lying flat. It’s easy to replace the flowers if you desire when you want to change it up!
- Tie the bow to the area where you tied the wire at the bottom and use the umbrella hook to hang on the door. Fluff the bow and the flowers.
Be sure to visit designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts for more fun and easy crafts and recipes!
Do you have the Bowdabra Bow maker to make this Bowdabra Floral Umbrella Door Hanger?