Are you kicking off your warm weather fun with a Memorial Day gathering? I know your table will look awesome but how about adding a cute touch with a patriotic backdrop using lots of scrunchy bows made with your Bowdabra, mesh ribbon, fishing wire and a tension rod.
1. Gather your supplies mentioned above. I used six rolls of 5yd. mesh ribbon from the Dollar Tree (two in red, white and blue) to make 18 scrunchy Bowdabra bows.
2. Cut an 18 inch piece of fishing wire and fold it in half and place in the Bowdabra, tucking the ends under.
3. Cut an 18″ piece of red mesh ribbon and beginning at the center end, scrunch it into the Bowdabra like an accordion.
*Because mesh ribbon ends fray, for a neater look, and after I made the first bow, I turned all the ends under for the rest before scrunching them in the Bowdabra.
4. Scrunch an 18″ piece of white mesh ribbon into the Bowdabra, separating it from the red one and scrunch down both using the Bowdabra wand.
5. Scrunch an 18″ piece of blue mesh ribbon into the Bowdabra on top of the white and red ones, but making sure the colors are separated. Use the Bowdabra wand to scrunch them down.
6. Grab the ends of the fishing wire and feed the loose ends through the loop, pulling tightly.
7. Carefully pull bow out and wrap loose ends around back and tie in knot, twice. Fluff the mesh bow.
To Make the Backdrop:
8. Tie several long fishing wires the length of a window or area you want to cover onto a tension rod and starting at the bottom of each wire, tie on the Bowdabra Scrunchy Bows you just made, alternating each row. Once you’re satisfied with the bow placement, cut off excess wire and add a drop of glue to knot so the bows won’t move.
Making the scrunchy bow backdrop is an easy peasy craft that your guests are sure to love! Be sure to make several using your Bowdabra!