There are so many beautiful netted ribbons in the craft stores right now and they are perfect for making Holiday boutique hair bows.
I found this beautiful white-netted ribbon that reminds me of a snowy day and ice-crusted windows. Simply add a charm or button in the center as a fun accent. There are really cute tiny ornaments for mini Christmas trees that work as well. Your favorite little girl is sure to love it.
These bows are a favorite at craft shows. They make up so quickly and are so easy and fun to create that you will want to make some extras for gifts too!
If you are wondering about our Saturday Link party, we are taking a Holiday break till after the new year when we will be back. We’ll be sure to invite you to share all your fantastic crafts and tutorials at our new 2016 Link party and all our social media as well. Visit Bowdabra blog often for more free craft tutorials and quick dinner easy recipes! Now let’s get crafting…
- Bowdabra mini bow maker with hair bow ruler attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 20 inches 1 ½” wide wired netted ribbon in white
- Alligator clip
- Charm, mini ornament, button or rhinestone for center
- 3 inches 3/8” wide white grosgrain ribbon to cover alligator clip
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Gather your supplies. Cut an 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Cut a 20-inch piece of the netted wired ribbon. Fold in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra bow maker.
- Make a loop with one end bringing around and inserting the end into the Bowdabra.
- Bring the other end across the first loop and insert that end under the first loop and into the Bowdabra. It will look like an X.
- Insert the bottom ribbon loop into the Bowdabra. Repeat with the top loop. You have formed the bow.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wire ends through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie in a knot. Cut off any excess bow wire. Arrange the bow.
- Use the hot glue gun and hot glue sticks to cover an alligator clip with 3/8” grosgrain ribbon. Attach to the bow with the hot glue. Use some more hot glue to add a charm, button or mini Xmas ornament to the center.
Bowdabra designer Crystal has had her designs published in many national craft publications and books. You can visit her at her blog Make it easy crafts, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+ and bloglovin