Do your kids like shrimp? If they turn up their noses or make faces at other seafood, you might want to give a try to Coconut shrimp recipe. This Outback Copycat Coconut Shrimp Recipe is perfect for an appetizer or dinner! The dinner easy recipe is so simple that your mini chefs would love to make it!!
Recipe type: dinner, appetizer
- 1lb peeled, deveined and defrosted shrimp
- salt & pepper
- ½c flour
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- ½c panko
- ½c shredded coconut
- Season shrimp with salt & pepper
- Put flour in 1 bowl, eggs in another and panko & coconut in a 3rd bowl
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour, then eggs, then panko/coconut mixture
- Fry the breaded shrimp in the oil over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes, flipping about half way through.
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel lined plate until serving.
- Serve with a sweet chili sauce.
Read more about Momma Lew